Saturday, August 20, 2016

Foster Without Flourish

Hello--after a three year hiatus.  I thought I'd start blogging again. Why?  I just wanted to have a way to document my creative finishes.  But this time I'm going to blog simply, without flourish.  I'm not going to stress myself out about fancy photos with a fancy camera.  I'm not going to worry about courting followers.  I'm just going to create and post photos with only a little explanation.

So here goes!

I have two finishes today.

Self-drafted straight skirt from a one-yard cashmere remnant (on sale). Lined, finished seams, ribbon hem tape, invisible zipper, blanket stitched pocket. 

cashmere skirt

cashmere skirt

cashmere skirt

cashmere skirt

cashmere skirt


Colette Brooklyn pattern from Seamwork Magazine subscription.  Purple stretch denim.  Rolled hem, front box pleat, exposed zipper.


Colette Brooklyn

Colette Brooklyn




2 comments:

  1. Love your skirts and your fabric choices but most of all absolutely delighted to see you back blogging again. I've thought about you and wondered how you were doing, so good to hear your blogging voice again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feel of cashmere, but have never been lucky enough to come across any as a remnant. Awesome job drafting your own skirt pattern. I'm happy to draft patterns for simple kids' garments, but for me, that's another story. Enjoy blogging this time around.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!