Saturday, May 18, 2013

Quality Flowers and Plants Wholesale Nursery




I get so excited this time of year when I can get outside and begin to plant my garden.  A few years ago, my mom told us about a wholesale nursery called Quality Flowers and Plants.

Look at this place!  It's huge!





 How much does a flat of annuals cost at your favorite store?  At this nursery a flat of flowers is about half that of Home Depot and Lowes.  All the plants are grown locally in giant green houses.  


Here is a happy but somewhat unrelated tidbit.  My favorite fabric store, Yellow Bird Fabrics, rents their retail space form Quality Flowers.  So you can walk down the street and pick up a little fabric after you get your plants. What could be better than that?


Last year I got all my flowers and vegetable starts at Quality Flowers.  Everything did exceptionally well except for the tomatoes.  Now, no one I knew had a bumper crop of tomatoes last year, so I don't know if it was the quality of the nursery plants or just a bad year.  The nursery has tons of tomatoes, and yet the variety of tomatoes is slim. I didn't want to take my chances on another poor tomato crop, and since I had a Home Depot gift card, I bought my tomatoes there.  Nearly everything else was purchased at a wholesale price at Quality Flowers and Plants.



I would give this business a 5 out of 5 star rating, except I don't know if last year's tomato issue was because of the quality of the plants or just a bad year.  Plant quality would bring the rating down to 4 out of 4 stars.  Let's go with a happy medium of 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Besides, local readers, you will save money! You will then have more to spend at the fabric store!





7 comments:

  1. That looks like a vacation destination for me! How did you ever decide which plants to buy? I would probably spend the entire day there and end up with three times as many plants as I have garden space. What a great nursery. Local growers are definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...wish I had a market like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place looks fantastic! Wish I had the time to garden. Central Oregon is a tough place for even the greenest of thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy your jewelry product with very very cheaper rate. order now just go to wholesale sunglasses
    wholesale leggings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! This is where I always buy my flowers each year! I have been buying there for at least 10 years and I love them! I am glad you found them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks very great. I really love to visit this garden and wish to have a garden like this. How can we decide which type of plants grow well and what precautions to be taken.
    http://www.springhillnursery.com/shade-perennials.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. I’m really like it! Very, very dgdeeac good!
    wholesale nursery

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!