I thought it might be time to do something about the unsightly mess and turn it into something I could use. So I picked out the side zipper and lopped the bodice clean off. Then I replaced the zipper. and began the process of taking it in using darts and pleats.
Because I didn't want to draft a waist facing, I used packaged quilting bias tape that I had sitting around to finish it off. I also thought it needed a little more pizzazz so I added bias tape to the hem as well.
I didn't feel like modeling it the day I finished it so it is hanging on my new shepherd's crook. It's that whole natural light thing.
Here it is on me the next day on my way to work. It was still a little big, but I did get complements on from my co-workers!
Please look at the skirt and the petunias, not the weeds in the crack of my sidewalk!