Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What I Do For a Study Break

I have been busy studying for a test. Not fun! But here is a brief review of what I have been up to when I'm sick of studying.



Mr. Foster Reviews It and I went to see the Magic Flute.  I'd forgotten what a totally weird and crazy plot this is.  What was Mozart thinking? So why go?  The music of course!  All the main characters were wonderful with the exception of Sarastro who didn't produce enough volume on the extreme low registers.  However, the famous Queen of the Night solo in the extreme high registers, was spot on and amazing.  4 1/2 out of 5 stars.


I've begun my seasonal gardening.  Yay!  This photo was taken only a week after taking a photo of my "auction quilt" next to the snow.


I've also done a little shopping at Decades, an amazing vintage clothing shop in downtown Salt Lake City.  I took some photos before I noticed the "no photos" sign.  Ooops.  Decades can contact me if they want me to remove the photos and I will oblige.  Although this is free advertising!







Such a wonderfully fun store to browse and buy!  5 out of 5 stars.




2 comments:

  1. The Magic Flute is definitely a puzzle. I think you've got the right idea - just enjoy the delightful music!
    Yes, it must be spring. I am about to dig up my garden and close it down for the season, and you are about to start yours up. :)
    That vintage shop is a treasure. I have never seen even a fraction of the number of lovely vintage hats. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like one of my favorite stores in the arts district of OKC! A hod podge of everything :)

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!