Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sunflower Cake



I'm taking this cake to be auctioned off at youth camp fund raiser tonight.  I got this super easy idea from a Taste of Home cookbook, and I made some "design changes", for lack of a better description.


  
All you need to do to make this cake is:
     1. Make a cake mix, any flavor, in two round pans.  
     2.  Frost the cake with homemade or store purchased frosting.
     3.  To make the petals, place snack cakes around the edges from 1 and 1/2 boxes of Little Debbie's Tulip Snack Cakes.
     4.  To make the seeds, place chocolate chips in the center.


Done.  And you have an extra round cake to nibble on. 




I'll let you know how much it goes for!



Linking with Salt Tree
and
I Gotta' Create

3 comments:

  1. I'm GONE on this baby! I made one once and the petals were Twinkies. Love the pretty Little Debbies! These cakes are lots if fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your cake at I Gotta Create - how cute is this??? Love it! Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!