Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January Blocks

I'm participating in Pile O' Fabric's Skill Builder on-line Block of the Month.  It is very modern and I love it!

I decided to use up some of my stash by picking one color theme for each block.



There will be more than orange and black as to avoid the Halloween look.  There is an edge on the right side of the black and white block, but it is hard to see with the white binding strips.  I am going to try and do the quilt-as-you-go method of quilting.  I will let you know how this goes.





Lest things get a too modern, I am also doing a Western block-of-the-Month with Quilts Etc.  For this I actually go to the store early Saturday morning once a month, enjoy the company of other quilters, and ooh and ahhh over the show-and-tell. The Western look isn't totally my style but I enjoy the process.



The barbed wire print is kind of cool, don't you think?

I am taking suggestions on how to get the photos of the fabric that are more clear.  Let me know what I should do---about the photography that is!

Linking with Plum and June at Bold Goods.


3 comments:

  1. Love the progress! This is so exciting!

    As far as your images: 1) Natural light. Put your fabric in the sunniest window you have. 2) Get down, down, down. Get up close. Those two tips are ones I remember from a great blog post I read a hundred years ago about photographing my images. Like I'm the expert. Ha!

    Keep 'em coming!
    Kell~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love what you've done with the Skill Builder blocks, I was dying to see what you had planned. I've not got around to the fmq yet myself, maybe in the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will be so cool to see how the blocks come together.
    And I think I might be the last person on the planet to give photog advice. I usually have to get as far away as possible to allow the camera to focus on anything, and then try to clear things up in Photoshop. Not real efficient.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!