Here are photos of the inside and outside of the welt pockets, which, by the way, were much easier than bound button holes.
I didn't sew down the edges of the pockets at the time I took this photo. I figured I could do that while watching Downton Abby!
I'm on page 27 of the 33 page instruction book and I am taking a break! I tried on the jacket without the sleeves and it seemed a little big. I basted in the one sleeve to see if that would make a difference and it didn't. I also had those annoying sleeve puckers that the basting is supposed to ease out. That never works for me. So I've decided to put it aside for a few days and mull over how to take the jacket in and learn how to do the sleeve without puckers.
I will finish this jacket, by gum, but I need a rest. It is all I have been doing for weeks and weeks now and I need to work on something fresh. I have a few gifts to make (no peeking yet), and I started cutting out McCalls 5523. View A. Eight pattern pieces, straight seams, and a zipper. Refreshing.