Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Scrappy Springtime Quilt #3 Finally Finished

I finally got the binding on my scrappy springtime quilt.  But it is fall, you say?  Yes, I started this last May!  I actually made this quilt for winter time to use when I was longing for spring.  The pops of color represent the new growth and the coming of spring.  Is that too much deep thinking for a quilt?  

I decided to make the binding using some strips that I had pieced together for another project.  I ended up not using the strips so I cut them on the bias to make bias tape. It was slightly difficult to cut the pieced strips on the bias and even more difficult to run all those seems through my bias tape maker.

I think the result was nice and scrappy to go with the look of the quilt.  I did the binding by machine as I didn't have the time to do it by hand.  I respect those that do.





Now I have a comforting quilt for this winter that will remind me that spring is around the corner!

See Scrappy Springtime Quilt Part One and Part Two.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work! :-) I am already thinking about spring as well...but i am not even done prepping for winter yet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful and really inspires me to try out a small project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful, especially the pale colors and the placement of the brights. Love those pinwheels! Now you have it just in the nick of time to keep you warm and happy in the cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scrappy quilt. I love the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilts - they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!