Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Christmas Placemats

My brother-in-law is getting married on 10-11-12.  Isn't that cool a great date to get married?  Hopefully he will never forget his anniversary.  I decided to make the wedding gift.  I used some pretty fabrics I got on sale last season and some cream and gold snowflake fabric that I had in my stash from who knows when!



Here are the results.




The matching hot pad.

Stay tuned.  Next Tuesday the 9th I will be doing a tutorial on these placemats for Plum and June's Blog Hop.

I'm getting a few things crossed off my list from the 100 Day Hustle. Wahoo!

White Retro Blouse
Block of the Month for Oct, Nov, Dec
Placemats for wedding gift
Pillow for a b-day or maybe Christmas present
Jumper for white blouse
Anise jacket (yes, I took the plunge)
Knitted and crocheted simple gifts
Begin Starlet


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Sew Country Chick


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these placemats! The fabric colors and the wavy pattern are beautiful.
    I saw some art quilts with wavy, curvy lines like this once and really admired them, but I figured they would be very difficult to sew together and make flat. I will be interested to see your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute!!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I got signed into my old account!? Whoops! Anyway this was my comment. Thanks for stopping by the blog today :)

      Delete

Love your comments!