Saturday, June 16, 2012

Benja Thai and Sushi in St. George

You wouldn't think that in the land locked metropolis of St. George, Utah, there would be good Sushi.  But surprise, surprise, Benja's somehow brings good Sushi to the desert.



Now, I am not a sushi aficionado.  I can probably count the number of times I've  ordered Sushi on one hand.  As a matter of fact, the first time I went to Benja Thai and Sushi, I saw a former student and her family eating big slabs of raw fish.  I'm not that brave.  I stick with the "beginner" rolls like spicy tuna and my new favorite, the Alaska roll. I liked the food so much the first time, we went back last week while in St. George.



Not only was the sushi delicious, the Thai food was delicious as well. My daughter was brave and tried the Thai duck.  She's been watching too much Food Network.  We all agreed this was our favorite and loved the duck shaped serving platter.  Nice touch.



The green curry was also delicious and super spicy, and the cashew and pineapple rice added a respite of sweetness to the otherwise hot fair.  The rest of the dishes were good but didn't have that "wow, this is fantastic" factor.  You could get them at any old Thai restaurant.  


I think a restaurant is a success if my kids will eat sushi and duck! I'm giving Benja's 4 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments!