Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Father of the Bride at Hale Center Theater

www.halecentertheater.org

What a wonderful time my family and I had on Friday when we went to Hale Center Theater to see the play, Father of the Bride.

The theater itself is a theater-in-the-round which makes for a very intimate setting.  We were on the second row and could see everything perfectly.

I was a slightly concerned that my boys wouldn't find a show about a bride funny, but they were laughing the whole way through.  My youngest wants to see it again.   The main actors were superb and genuinely funny.  I felt the father's stress about the expense as I know that paying for a wedding will someday be in my future.  The only actor that wasn't fabulous was the assistant to Fronk, the caterer.  He overacted and couldn't seem to define who his character was. 

Of course, those late 1950's dresses were to die for.  I took in every detail.  Good thing I was on the second row!


www.halecentertheater.org

I will be back to this theater again for another wonderful production.  

4.5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments!