Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hunger Games, the Movie


From the opening scenes of this movie, I was taken in by the emotional, desperate situation of the people from District 12.  This was an excellent movie that stayed true to the character of the book and in some cases did an even better job than the book.  


For example, in the book Katniss, the main character, is participating in the Hunger Games, and we read about her experiences. In the movie we can see the control room of the Hunger Games and how the games are technologically manipulated to get the results the government wants. That made the situation these children were in all the more powerful and tragic.  




If you are unfamiliar with this story, there is no need to read the books in order to understand the movie.  I won't give the plot away, but will say the acting was wonderful! Even though I did not picture them this way in the book,  I loved Woody Harrelson as Haymitch and Lenny Kravitz as Cinna.  But my favorite was Stanly Tucci as Caesar Flikerman.  He offered much needed comic relief!




Go see this movie even if you haven't read the book.  I loved it!  Be warned, there is violence and it is not for young children or sensitive teens.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie. I loved the books too. I am planning on reading them again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!