Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunshine Award


Urban Rustic of The Makings of an Urban Rustic has given my blog the Sunshine Award.  Urban Rustic has a wonderful blog about sewing and reading and gardening.  Sound familiar?  It is no wonder I love her blog!

As recipient of this fine award, I must answer the following questions and give the award to other blogs.  

1. Favorite color: Red, followed by yellow, then blue.  However I tend to gravitate towards purples and wines in my choice of colors to wear.

2. Favorite animal:  A big, sloppy dog to love.

3. Favorite number:  I've never thought about it.  


4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Nothing better than Diet Dr. Pepper.  Although I love Oreo milkshakes.  Does that count as a drink?

5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook--although I rarely post.

6. My Passion: The Outdoors and classical music.  Of course my family.

7. Getting or Giving:  Both, although my husband is a better present giver than I am.

8. Favorite Pattern:  Right now it is  the most recent pattern I made, Simplicity 3956.


9. Favorite day of the week: Probably Saturday or Sunday because I usually have time to sew.


10. Favorite flower:  Giant sunflowers!


11. Celebrity role model:  Celebrities are role models?  Although I do like how Matt Damon passionately advocates for teachers.


Blogs to bestow this award:


Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts, Svetlana at s.o.t.a.k. handmade, and Nicole at Mama Love Quilts, because of the beautiful, fresh quilts with lovely colors.  


Emilee of Emilee Paints and Felicia from Felicia's Fabulous Folkart because of their lovely but very different art.


Mongs of My Thrifty Closet, and Poppykettle from Seamstress: Poppykettle for their fashion sense!


Of course I have to give the award to Ellen at Words Times Words
for her humorous writing on family life.  



OK Bloggers.  Now it is your turn. Answer the questions and give the award to about 10 other bloggers.  

Thank you Urban Rustic!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for appreciating my art. I've never received a Sunshine award before. I think that's so fabulous!
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Foster! I'm honored that you recognized my work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased that you are pleased...and thanks for pointing out some new blogs that I had not previously heard of! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...thank you so much Foster, you're so sweet to think of me, I really appreciate it!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!