Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jack and Jill Hat By Izzy & Ivy Designs

I picked up this darling pattern by Izzy and Ivy Designs.  I thought it would be a fantastic shower present for my expectant niece.  



I just finished and opted to make it without the fabric flowers, but I still may add some later.  Here is the finished product with real flowers.


Do you like the crocuses just popping up?



Elastic in the back.

This was an extremely simple pattern to make, and I was able to use some of my stash.  The only problem with the instructions is that they have you cut out the fusible fleece for the brim and interfacing for the top.  The instructions never say to attach these pieces to the fabric.  However, even a beginner could figure that out.  Also, the illustrations weren't that helpful.  On the other hand, I like how the instructions were in booklet form and spread out a bit. I would recommend this pattern for any level of sewist.  In fact, I am going to make another.


Hanging from my almost-budding Dogwood tree.

7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS that is CUTE!!!! Love it! Thanks so much for linking up!
    Spring Fling linky party
    igottacreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very charming and cute hat, well done with the sewing!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super sweet little hat in a gorgeous fabric! Just right for the spring time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Featuring you on Facebook today! Thanks so much for linking up.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine made one for her 6 month old son, but it turned out way too small for him, so she gave it to me. :) I think it's adorable for a girl with the little ruffle! I may give it a shot one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! My girls all love wearing hats!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!