Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Wild Grape Bistro

I love Groupon and Living Social Deals. They tempt me with coupons that inspire me to try new restaurants.  That is why on our anniversary, my husband and I were excited to try The Wild Grape Bistro in downtown Salt Lake City

   
www.thewildgrapebistro.com


Although I don't think our waitress was thrilled to see coupon carrying, non-drinking, suburbanites walk into the restaurant, she still gave us pleasant, on-the-spot service.


We had a creamy roasted pepper soup for an appetizer that had a nice zing to it.  I ordered the Potatoes Gnochi with beef and mushrooms and my husband had the scallops.  He was embarrassed to have me pull out my phone to take a picture of our beautifully plated food, and thus, no food pics for the blog.  


The menu had a variety of flavored lemonades.  I was tempted to ask what flavor went well with the beef, but held my tongue and chose the huckleberry.  


Wow, my dinner was wonderful.  The beef was tender and had a perfect flavor.  My husband loved his scallops as well.  They were tender, not chewy, and melted in your mouth.  Although, I do believe that mine was the better of the selections, especially when complimented by a lovely red wine, I mean, huckleberry lemonade!





The decor was clean, modern, and tasteful.  The prices were in the mid to high 20s for the entrees.  Our bill came to $60 minus our coupon.  So it was pricey for Salt Lake standards.  A definite special occasion place.  The only complaint I have was that it was loud, and I was quite cold seated by the window.





4.5 out of 5 stars.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments!