Monday, December 26, 2011

Ho Ho Homemade Holiday

Christmas is over, but here is a sampling of some of the homemade items that were a part of this season's creations.


Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is one of my family's favorite holiday desserts.  You can find the recipe form Paula Deen on the Food Network here.






This project was a left over from a class I took about 10 years ago.  You can see that his was supposed to be a tree skirt, but I never finished the last few pieces because I didn't have the proper ruler.  


So instead, I turned it in to this holiday apron.  


I made these gift tags at a class I took at church.  This is about as close as I'm going to get to scrapbooking.


The patchwork hot pad was by far my favorite project for Christmas.  The best part is that my mother-in-law gave me most of the fabric so the hot pads were relatively inexpensive to make.  I pieced them at random and bound them with homemade bias tape.  I used insulated batting as well so they are also functional, not just pretty, if I do say so myself.


Finally, the dog on the Beatles Quilt. Can't say that I blame her!



Linky, linky: I Gotta' Create and Sew Country Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments!