Friday, October 28, 2011

Vintage Shopping in Panguitch, Utah

Last Saturday my daughter and I left the boys at the campground near Bryce Canyon National Park and drove into Panguitch, Utah to do a little shopping on Main Street.  The first store we went into was Cowboy Collectibles.  We spent the majority of our time there enjoying the ambiance and the friendly owner, trying on used cowboy boots, and the most fun of all, trying on vintage cowboy clothes!


 page1pic2.jpg

By far the best find of the day was a reasonably priced late 19th century Western style dress by Donnell's of Denver.  It was not sewn during that time period, but my best guess is that it was made somewhere in the 1940's to 60's.  I tried to find information on the internet but all I found was a sale on a square dancing dress by the same company.  The shop proprietor said she bought it at an estate sell in Cheyenne.  Here is my darling daughter modeling the dress as Little Bo Peep.




Cowboy Collectibles: 5 out of 5 stars.  The next time you're in Panguitch...........


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I live in the uk but my mum is in st. george....I am so forcing her to go back to panguitch to check this out. Fantastic idea for a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see this site, I've been looking this site for a long time and thanks God i found it now.

    Shopping in Bryce Canyon

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments!