Friday, August 5, 2011

Aspen Campground in the Ashley National Forest

The first place we took our cool new trailer was the Aspen Campground in the Ashley National Forest.  I have to be honest when I say that I didn't even remember there was an Ashley National Forest.  I must have been asleep in Utah Studies when I was a kid.  Or looking at a cute boy. Or writing a note.  No, not texting kids.  The 80's were old school.  In any case, Aspen Campground is close to Hana.  Oh wait, no one knows where Hana is.  It's up the road from Tabiona.  That should clear things up.


The campground itself shady and quiet.  There was hardly a soul there.  We had a deer walk right through our camping spot.  



While we were there, the Department of Fish and Game came and we watched as they stocked the river with rainbow trout.  Of course, a few minutes later I caught the biggest fish of the camping trip.  Of course, we didn't have the camera.


We also brought our mountain bikes, and my son and I zipped around the campground dirt roads and in between the trees.  Up the road there was Defa's Dude Ranch that offered a little store, cabins for super luxury camping, and horse back riding.  There are also hiking trails close by.

The down side? Pit toilets, no showers, and no running water.  I don't care about that.  Did I mention I have a furnace in the tent trailer.  So it's all good.  Camping is better than working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments!