Thursday, July 7, 2011

Monte Carlo--Not as Bad as I Thought.

Last weekend I took my daughter to see the new movie Monte Carlo with Selena Gomez

I wasn't expecting much, and maybe that is why it was better than I thought.  Granted, the reviewers trashed the movie.  But the target audience wasn't middle aged, mostly male movie reviewers.  It was 14 year old females.  My daughter.  And she loved it.

I loved that there was virtually no swearing.  And no sex. And no violence. 

Selena Gomez was good but wasn't the real star of the show.  Katie Cassidy stole the show with her free spirited character.  The plot was thin and predictable.  But really, is anyone expecting anything different from the plot when they go to this show?  Enjoy it  for what it is.  A clean, fluffy movie you can take your daughter to.  And if you feel too full of sugary goodness upon leaving the theater, you can have an intellectual conversation on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments!